Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Surgery


Thank you, Lord, for good health. Tom has had some health issues lately, including two cataract surgeries this Spring and today an inguinal hernia repair. All outpatient, thankfully. He was very optimistic about it, planning to take me to lunch afterward, but the nurse insisted he go straight home and have soup and rest instead. After the surgery he realized that was a better idea.

He cannot lift anything over 15 pounds for SIX WEEKS! No more trash duty! No lifting the dog! No washing the cars! He feels tender if he bends over, so no emptying the dishwasher! Tom keeps thinking up a new list of things he cannot do that I must do for him. I keep thinking this is going to be a long six weeks! All I know is he'd better not get used to this. I'm counting the days, then going on strike!