Thursday, May 27, 2010

Graduation Day

Three of my young lady piano seniors
are graduating from high school.
Here's Carrie, who began with me when she was 9.
She was always so soft spoken with such proper manners,
always the feminine lady even as a child.

Here's Kiersten, the eldest of the three Harris girls, all my students.
She gave the best speech of the evening - like a Valedictorian speech.
She has such depth of character and a heart for God.

I am continuing to mentor her in two areas:

She is my partner in ministry,
helping me and sometimes teaching
the Micah House Good News Club each week.

She is also studying with me to be a piano teacher.


Kiersten and Carrie graduated from Citrus Valley Christian Academy, a home-school organization. It was a very moving ceremony. With only 14 graduating, each senior and their father stood side by side and made a short speech. It was so touching to see fathers affirm their young adults with love and pride, that my throat tightened even for the ones I didn't even know.

And both girls included pictures of their piano experience in their video collages,
shown during the program. It gave me a lump in my throat
to have influenced their lives and be part of their education.