Wednesday, April 7, 2010

HUGE thanks...

I have the BEST piano mothers!!!
I've worked 5 out of 6 weekends in a row on piano evaluations.
At the end of the sixth weekend, my Dad passed away.
I'm going to be having a houseful of company this weekend,
and no time to clean beyond the surface.

On Tuesday Sheryl (Madeline's mom)
came and washed shelves of my pantry and made it tidy.

Today, Denise (Kelly & Aric's mom, and she takes lessons also)
organized my upstairs bookshelf. No more piles!
Then there's Beth!, pictured below (Andrew & David's mom). She and I made a pact two weeks ago to clean our houses together so we could visit and make it fun. It just turns out she had prescheduled to come THIS WEEK, not knowing I would be so busy planning my father's memorial service with my siblings, planning the big meal afterward and other meals, writing my eulogy, planting flowers in the garden, etc. amid a flurry of phone calls of well wishers and siblings planning.

Anyway, Denise was here with Beth and we decided to make it an ongoing three-some cleaning group. We talked and laughed and cleaned and finally ate a late lunch (Beth is a tough task-master). She can do anything: repair my door handle, glue a piece of trim back on my dresser, and work like a slave!!

Thanks, girls. You are a life-saver!