Saturday, August 7, 2010

Vacation Day 4 and 5

The Riverside Train Station at 4:30 a.m. Yawn.
On my way to Oceanside!!
I LOVE taking the train. So relaxing.

When I arrived in Oceanside at 7:00 a.m. it was completely overcast and looked like rain. But it cleared up by 11:00 a.m. and was a beautiful day.

In the late morning we went to the downtown market stalls for fruit, snacks, and just walking around looking at the different vendors.
Then to shops on the wharf for clam chowder, fish and chips,
and more walking and window shopping,
where Bella found a Great Dane much bigger than she.
I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of the boats.

We went to the beach in the afternoon and soaked up some sun with a light breeze.

This was my "hotel" for 2 days--Roxanne & Eric's RV.
They bought me a jigsaw puzzle to work on, but I never finished it.
I fell asleep on the couch (my bed) at 9:00 p.m. and didn't even wake up when Roxanne shook me to give me bedding.
I woke up briefly at 11:00 p.m. to change clothes and make up the bed then slept until 9:00 a.m. Delicious sleep after getting up at 3:00 a.m. the day before.
On Friday we hung out at Eric's parent's RV because his sister and family came for the day.

The girls all taught me to play "Hand and Foot," a card game
complicated enough to make it very interesting, but my partner and I lost.
The older kids hung out in the RV playing Clue or tore around the RV park on their bikes and scooters with many other kids.
Grant attracted girls to play with before his cousins arrived.
Ethan trying to convince us he is strong enough to hold Bella's leash
without being dragged around behind her.

The adults sat around and visited, eventually making Carne Asada for dinner.

Vanessa arrived from Cheer Camp
where their squad won three trophies
and $600 for their school.
Terry and "the girls"--Sasha and Tiffany.

It was a wonderful two day get-away.
I told Tom, "No more staying home and calling it vacation."
There is a good reason why the root word for vacation
is VACATE.