Thursday, April 8, 2010

Doggie Day Care

I didn't take my camera when I dropped Duchess off at the dog groomer. What was I thinking, going somewhere without my camera!

Yes, I went to a dog groomer. Not my style. I hate paying $40 for a doggie hairdo. BUT, Duchess has been neglected (that would be by ME...have you ever seen a man groom a dog?!?) She was full of tangles and snarls that I couldn't comb out.

Anyway, this groomer has really gone upscale since I was last there. They added a doggie candy/cookie counter (they DID look tempting, but I'm on a diet. Oh wait! They're for the dog!), a play-date area where the dogs can socialize, and doggie daycare: people bring their dogs there while they are at work.

What?!? You have to pay so your dog can socialize? My poor little deprived pooch was not signed up for that. They could tell I was the frugal type (I haven't had her groomed in three years...they looked it up!) so she didn't get the pretty little doggie bows on each ear, but a little triangle "cowboy" scarf around her neck.

BEFORE
(little eyeballs)
She looks like a little old man with a mustache.
AFTER her Extreme Makeover
(huge eyeballs)
She definitely looks like a lady
deserving of the name: Duchess Gwendolyn