Friday, March 26, 2010

A room full of old ladies...

Today was the monthly meeting of the Citrus Belt Quilt Guild,
of which I am a member.
Out of almost 200 members,
there are only about 20 of us "younger" women
(on the verge of being old)

This is one room full of productive ladies, as you can see by the Show and Share table full of quilts they will show us they have finished in the past month!!!
We also had a speaker who brought three trunks full of beautiful examples of her work.
This whimsical sunflower quilt is in her signature style.
The only male quilter in our group only pieces his quilts by hand.
He has a lady friend who machine quilts them beautifully.
This is one of his done in the style of Moroccan floor tiles.
This is an art wall quilt done by today's speaker.
The "attic window" pattern was taught in the workshop yesterday.
I still work (not retired like the majority of the women)
so I miss out on these.
Some quilts are in colors and patterns more appealing to men.

I get so inspired at guild meetings.
These women are real fabric artists.
Soon I hope to get back to my art studio.
Music evaluations have kept me busy for two months.
It's time to sew again!!