Thursday, March 25, 2010

My sister Ginger called me this morning to tell me our 95-year-old Dad is dying. Technically, he is my step-Dad, but he is the only father I've ever known, and he was a good father to me. He filled a big hole in my heart, because I was fatherless until my 14th year.

He is in the hospital with pneumonia and so weak he cannot cough and barely breathes. My sister Ginger is there with him in Arkansas with my brother David and his wife. She will give him my kisses. I couldn't talk to him this past year because his hearing was so bad he couldn't use the telephone. So I sent him a book of pictures.

Soon he will be carried by angels into heaven to join Mother and all the huge throng of those from every nation who have loved God, and lived faithfully for Him on earth. He is part of the endless succession of people who are servants of the Most High God. I love you Daddy, as I have told you many times before. This is a sad time for me, but a great adventure for you. Soon you will look into the very face of Jesus and get to tell Him "Thank you" in person.