Saturday, November 6, 2010

Retirement Party

Today I took a chance and surprised Tom
with a family Retirement Party at the Old Spaghetti Factory.


Roxanne & Eric helped get him there.

Vanessa was working on her college applications.





















Grant was drawing a restaurant booth.
That kid needs to go to art school.

Jeanette & Roger were there (she with her broken arm).


Terry & Debbie (Eric's parents) were there.


Ryan & Tammie (Eric's sister) were there too.

He received several very nice cards and gifts
to celebrate his retirement.
It was a special day and he really appreciated it.

The children and I got him this plaque of appreciation.

I say I was taking a chance because many, many years ago I had to promise I would never throw him another surprise party after I hired a violinist to play for us at a restaurant.
Well, I suppose that was a little over the top.
But I thought it was TERRIBLY ROMANTIC...hint, hint, Tom.
He just thought it was TERRIBLE.

But he has thanked me several times for today.