Saturday, October 23, 2010

Life in the Theater

An email I received this morning.

"I now have the piano score, but I am hesitant to give it to you in its present condition because it is all out of order. There will be cuts and jumps in the music, but I do not have the final script nor the orchestral score. We will be somewhat a slave to the orchestral score, so I would like to take a couple of more days to get the score and mark the piano part to help you. However, if you feel like you MUST have it to take a look at it, I will bring it by with the CD/DVD of the show. The CD has no voices, so it is at times difficult to follow along. In addition, we are not doing the version of the show that is in the DVD or on the CD. I would rather eliminate some of the confusion before I give it to you. What do you think? "

Rehearsals begin in 10 days.
This is not encouraging.
And the piano score will be hand written in pencil.

HANDWRITTEN!

IN PENCIL!

I wish I had the courage to ask for extra stress pay.