Monday, October 4, 2010

Easy come, easy go...

Quite randomly I met the mother of a past president of our local music teachers' branch. She was very interested in beginning piano lessons with me. Immediately.

> However, lessons are so expensive, can she take every other week?

> Then she wanted to barter. Her husband is a dentist and she would trade teeth whitening for lessons. I thought about it. Okay. I'll do that. But since she is not paying out any money, lessons must be every week.

> Oh, and she doesn't want to have to purchase any books. And could she borrow a theory book to fill out? Borrow? To write in? (Sorry, ma'am. I can't do that. You really need to purchase your own.)

> Oh, and she drove to my house Sunday to find out where it is. It's sooooo far from her house. (10 miles)

So it's not working out. Just as well. I don't like people to ask for so many compromises to be begin with.

This woman lives in a beautiful home with a killer view of the city, but must be in debt up to her eyeballs. Why? It's much less nerve wracking to live debt free. My advice? Stop buying stuff and live within your paycheck!