Thursday, October 7, 2010

Christian College Fair

Last night Roxanne, Vanessa, Tom and I went to a Christian College Fair waaaaaayyyyy out in Riverside. I thought we'd never get there. We didn't have much time to go from booth to booth, but hit the most important ones on Vanessa's short list.

BIOLA (Bible Institute of Los Angeles--although they moved to La Mirada many many years ago) is looking really good. Their recruiter was very encouraging and answered our many questions. That's Nana and Papa's first choice. I went there my Sophomore year, and Tom got his M.Div. from Talbot Seminary, BIOLA's graduate School Theology.

Last night we discovered they have competitive cheer and dance clubs. This is very important to Vanessa, who wants to major in business and open her own dance studio in the future.

I was VERY surprised about the dance clubs. Granted, I went there just after Noah's Ark when were weren't even allowed to wear slacks on campus, go to movies, or dance at all! But I have a different viewpoint now and apparently so do they.

I'm praying BIOLA works for at least one year. All four would be superb!

Finally, the fair was on the campus of Woodcrest Christian School which has grades Kindergarten through high school. What a beautiful campus. Very impressive.