Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Suzuki Training

Very early Friday morning, August 13, I flew to Sacramento for 5 days of studying with two Japanese teachers visiting from Japan.

I stayed with Nancy & Wayne, Tom's sister, and had a wonderful time visiting with them, whenever I arrived home late each evening. First there was a teacher dinner Friday night, then a 3-hour concert rehearsal Saturday night, then the 2-hour concert Sunday night.

Finally on Monday night we enjoyed a wonderfully delicious family meal together with Wayne's sister, Gaye & family, who were passing through taking their daughter Katie to college. They were happy to hear I will be back for two weeks next August for 10-Piano rehearsals.

What a blessed time with family and lunching at a delightful gourmet sandwich shop with such good piano girlfriends each day.

I even discovered that Rita was born in Davenport, Iowa! She is a year older than I, and was in that town the day I was born! And now we are friends. We both teach piano. In California. Following Suzuki philosophy. And we have studied together about once a year for several years. It really is a small world.