Monday, August 2, 2010

Selling the truck debacle...

Day #1 of vacation.

Last week I got the insurance transfered to the new car, got the pink slip out of the bank safety box, washed the truck, vacummed the washed the floor mats, hand cleaned every spot I could find, got the new smog certificate, called Gene to make the transfer...and suddenly couldn't find the pink slip. Okay, I'll look harder. Several hours later it's nowhere to be found. I remember having it in my hand at one point on Friday morning, but from there I have total amnesia. Don't remember laying it down anywhere...nothing!

I felt terribly embarrassed, inept, unorganized, irresponsible, you name it. I was down in the dumps. Tom was the only one who had any sympathy for me! So now I have passed the Friday deadline to hand it over and it is now uninsured, so on Monday I have to re-insure it. $110. RATS!! Oh wait, my friend who is here working with me said I can go to Triple-A, get a duplicate pink slip, and finish the transaction right there and be done in an hour. No extra insurance premium necessary. WHEW!!!

Well that fell apart, because Gene discovered he'd have to pay some fees and doesn't have the money until payday. Two hours wasted--on my vacation (!). But ultimately it's my fault because I lost the pink slip in the first place. But I'm not driving an uninsured truck, so it's parked in the hanger so no one can hit it while parked on the street. Eric will lend Gene the money tomorrow, and hopefully I will be rid of the truck and Gene will have transportation.

Then this evening Roxanne admitted she lost the doctor's prescription she just got yesterday. HA!!! So I'm not the only one. Unfortunately, she can always say she got that trait from me.

But one good thing happened today. Duchess got shaved at the doggie groomers. She looks so cute. Two times in one year! Isn't she something! Don't get used to it, Duchess. It's back to bathtub baths and daily combing for you.