Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Volkswagon #1 and #2

Forty years ago we bought a new Oriole Yellow Karmann Ghia, but not a convertible like this internet picture. Loved that car. But we had two accidents in it and just after Roxanne came along we opted for a larger car with a stronger frame: a family car. Drat! But that sporty car has a special place in my heart because it represents my somewhat carefree youth.

Now thirty-five years later I'm back in a Volkswagon: a Jetta. Germans still make the best cars. I had no idea it was so luxurious for a working woman's price: leather seats that heat. Believe it, I never thought I could rate leather seats, let alone ones that heat! Bluetooth that connects automatically to my phone in my purse, so when my phone rings I just push a button on the dash and it comes through the sound system, hands-free. There is an IPOD connection so my favorite classical and worship songs come through the stereo sound system. How do they THINK of these things?!? I'm going to be rockin' down the highway singing praise songs to the Lord. And it seats 5. Steel gray with black interior. It reminds me of a tuxedo, so when I wear my evening gown, I'll be in a cool car. Ü ber cool in every way. I am soooo thankful.
I believe I'll give a special thank offering to the Lord for His goodness to me.