Thursday, June 10, 2010

My Blue Heaven...

The north side of the house is my blue garden.
My Blue Heaven.

Plumbago (light blue) and potato bush (oops, purple) cover the arbor.
There are two blueberry bushes (I lost one because of neglect)
and three hydrangeas, but these have never been blue.
Only pink year after year.
Two are mopheads and one is a lacecap.
Soooo beautiful. So old fashioned.

Oh, and there is a blue wagon....sometimes.
Don't want it to rust in the sprinklers.
Finally, I've figured out the secret of blue hydrangeas.
I knew they like acid soil, but I'm no botanist.
But, last Fall I sprinkled a little azalea food around the base.
I followed the directions, even though it didn't look like enough.
I meant to put some more on this Spring,
but my Spring has been like no other.
I've been off my feed and lost my groove. Can't get anything done.
Well, I've got plenty done, but not as much as I'd like.
Anyway, back to the hydrangeas.
They bloomed blue. And pink. But some were blue!
Next year, I'll feed in the Fall AND Spring.