Sunday, June 27, 2010

Loving Him by the Lake

These pictures were actually taken on Saturday,
but fit with this post best.

Saturday morning we went to Starbucks Coffee for an early breakfast and met these teenagers who were having a Bible study as part of their retreat. They were so sweet to talk with, and were delighted when I said I wanted their picture for my blog.
Then back at the cabin, I stuck up a conversation with Leonard, the caterer, who is the same fellow who catered Vanessa's Sweet 16 party last fall. But I didn't know him then. This morning I discovered he is a born-again Christian. We had the nicest conversation. I was so cheered to meet other Christians who love the Lord.
Then this morning, Sunday, I just didn't want to leave for home early, so we found a park next to the water where we read some Scripture and spent quite some time in prayer. It was a good time together loving the Lord by the lake.