Saturday, June 26, 2010

Dinner on the Lake

Saturday evening was a dinner cruise on the lake.
Vanessa was the mascot for the Corvette event,
dressed as a pirate, the event theme.
Some pirate party-goers.
Then a surprise.
A pirate ship passed and shot a canon at us.
The lake was so beautiful this evening.
It was fun being with Vanessa (the bear), Grant, and Roxanne.
Oh look! A man parasailing off the port side!
How perfectly cool!
I really wanted to parasail.
I want to do something slightly daring.
I thought about doing a tandem parachute jump sometime,
but I'm not sure I'm brave enough.
But parasailing doesn't look nearly so scary.
Just halfway heart-stopping :)

But Tom was really worried about it.
He didn't want me to do something so dangerous.
He was truly afraid I might die.
I was very touched, and decided
not to make him suffer through it.