Saturday, May 8, 2010

Reasons to Celebrate

1. VACATION: I was on vacation this week.

During the mornings I worked on the house, prayed for my desperately ill sister, weeded the garden, worked on taxes, layed in the sun, and tried not to think what time of day it was or even what day it was.

Except for Tuesday night when one of my students had a master lesson at the University (which I paid for and didn't want to miss).

And except for Wednesday night which was my "How to teach English class" (so interesting I didn't want to miss that one either). This is Madeleine, our excellent teacher.
And except for Thursday night when Grant had his end-of-the-year concert (He's in the elementary Honor Band, so I didn't want to miss that one either).
2. GRANDSON GRANT: Thursday was his concert, and today his last soccer game of the season. I'm one of those several on the sidelines who get excited and yell, "Follow the ball" and "Good save," etc. Roxanne says, "Mom! Your voice is on the video!" Meanwhile I'm ready to say, "Send me in coach! I'll help out the team." I think at the end of the season there SHOULD be a game of the parents as players. I think we'd discover there are no shin pads big enough to make us get in a scuffle for the ball.
3. MOTHER'S DAY: Tomorrow is Mother's Day. A couple days ago Tom called me from work and said, "O, by the way, I invited the family over to our house for a Mother's Day luncheon." Then VeRy QUICKLY explained he was going to buy restaurant food so Roxanne nor I would have to cook. Good so far.

Then a package was delivered from Sweet Romance, my favorite retro jeweler, while Tom was a work. Hmmm. Getting better.