Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Misty Morning

It's a misty morning and I have much to study...but with a fire in the grate, the smell of rain and burning wood, and gallons of hot tea, I can sit here for hours...right after a quick photojournal entry on my blog :)

I've already spent two hours with three other piano teachers in our monthly Suzuki Research meeting, planning a late summer piano ensemble workshop for our students.

Now it's Language Lessons.

I bought a German dictionary and German conversation book yesterday. Now I'm adding a third language to speak badly in addition to my poorly spoken Spanish and French. Wish I had a talent for languages, because it IS kind of fun to speak in another language. At least I think it WOULD be if I could ever manage it!! Today I'm starting with pronouncing the German alphabet with a CD.

The best help I've had in improving my Spanish is to have a Spanish/English Bible. I learn the verb tenses and tons of vocabulary. But I probably sound Biblical when I speak. I hope not. Maybe I should get a German/English Bible.

Then I have homework for my Teaching English as a Foreign Language class.