Friday, April 30, 2010

Citrus Belt Quilt Guild Meeting

The last Friday of each month is a special day...quilt guild day!

During the sharing portion of today's meeting
several ladies showed quilts they finally finished
from classes they took years ago.

This flower was taught by Melinda Bula last Fall.
This lady just finished it and shared it with the group.
Oh, wait. I took that class.
I have one of these in my art room.
Unfinished.

This was made by a new member who described herself
as a novice quilter.

One of the projects made by a guild member shown to the group
during the "Show and Share" portion of the program.

Audrey said she'd help me make one of these "sweatshirt" jackets.

A nice way to use up leftovers from your "stash."

Nancy Ota was our speaker from San Clemente.
She is an amazing artist.
Think outside the box when "painting" a flower with fabric.
Believe it or not, the interior of this quilt was pieced
using the material on the right.
What vision she has.
I would NEVER! buy the ugly material on the right.
This masterpiece was all hand-pieced stars,
hexagons, and tumbling blocks (diamonds).
She didn't have a pattern for this tote bag,
but I think I can figure it out.
Gotta have one.