Monday, March 8, 2010

Writer's block

I miss my work sessions at the Apple Store. I haven't been for two months! My training series will expire in June, and I haven't made nearly enough progress on the Music History Student Workbook I'm writing. Must come up with a catchy name for it. I want to publish it myself, because if I sell the rights to a publisher and it isn't profitable for them, they will stop printing it, they will own the copyright, and I will not be allowed to print any copies in the future.

It is difficult to keep motivated because 1) I don't view myself as an author and 2) with no editor breathing down my neck to finish chapters by a certain date, it is easy to put off writing. I gave a presentation of if as guest speaker to the local music teachers a year ago, and they all said they would love to buy my book....nope, still not motivated.

One of my character flaws is that I like to start new projects, but have difficulty finishing them. So if anyone reads this who prays, and realizes what a hopeless case I am, add me and my book to your prayer list.

Certificate of Merit is over for another year!!!!!! I was not chairman this year, but I spent a lot of time teaching the new chairman...it is SO complicated. I accepted the nomination to be president of our local music branch, a post that begins in June, JUST SO I CANNOT BE CERTIFICATE OF MERIT CHAIRMAN for at least two more years. That job is every bit as stressful as my job at the hospital 10 years ago.