Saturday, March 6, 2010

Garden in waiting...

This is part of my Spring garden in pots, waiting to go into the ground. My good friend and fellow piano teacher, Nancy, is still harvesting tomatoes from last year's vines. Her husband planted them in March. So, on March 1st, I hurried to the plant nursery to buy several kinds of tomatoes. The peppers, miniature roses, blue daisies, and yellow ranunculus begged me to take them home too. Then I heard the weather forecast of heavy rain and fresh snow in the mountains coming this weekend, so here they sit until the ground warms up a little.


This weekend was Certificate of Merit at the University of Redlands. Three hundred piano students participating on Saturday and Sunday. Each teacher has to work, depending on how many students they entered. I have to work 11 hours Saturday and 6 hours Sunday afternoon. One of my duties is to prepare the morning and afternoon snack table. So I potted up some of my "waiting garden" to cheer up the table.



The University requires groups use their catering service when lunch or dinner is served. They do such an excellent job presenting delicious food and beautiful decorations. I brought home this bouquet from the luncheon table since we paid for it.


When I returned home, this beautiful bouquet was waiting for me. My student, Kiersten, was leaving on two weeks vacation, so she dropped off her birthday bouquet for me to enjoy while she is gone. Such a sweet girl.


So I feel like a queen with a house and garden full of fresh flowers.
If you were so rich you could have anything you wanted,
what would it be?
First, I would travel, then I would want to always have
fresh bouquets of flowers
in the main rooms of the house.