Thursday, February 4, 2010

Winter garden














I thought if I grew lettuce I would eat more salads. But I still have to MAKE myself eat green salad. I like it in the restaurant, but not making it at home.


The brocolli doesn't look like the produce market. But the bees are very happy. I feel a little guilty harvesting it and depriving the bees. The heads will be steamed and part of "Broccoli, Raisin, & Bacon Salad." I LIKE vegetable salads. The stems will be cooked tender and become Broccoli Cheese Soup.



The cabbages will be Cabbage Rolls then "Corned Beef and Cabbage" for our annual St. Patrick's Day dinner.

The lemons on the new tree are almost ready. I counted over 30 new baby lemons. The first harvest will go into a lemon meringue pie. Forget the diet for a couple days :( So the garden is growing great. I prayed over my little vegetable garden, because I'm much better at growing flowers than vegetables.