Friday, February 19, 2010

Houses of Redlands

Six years ago my sister and her husband moved less than a mile from our home. It is so special to have a sister nearby. We walk together weekday mornings. Each day we choose a different neighborhood to walk. This morning I remembered to take my camera.


A children's playhouse in someone's front yard. We have been talking about having a pretty cottage style shed built in the backyard for all the garden tools, but the truth is I want to put in a pretty rug, a soft chair, a pretty lamp, some books and music and maybe a small microwave for hot tea. And it must have shutters and window boxes overflowing with flowers... a retreat for me. Well, Tom could use it ...sometimes.


These are two of my favorite storybook homes. I would love to live in either one: they have so much character.