Saturday, August 1, 2009

Picnic in the park

Our summer music festival venue.

I'm trying to change my lifestyle: carefully selecting what I eat and exercise consistently. However, summertime has just the best foods to eat and so many celebrations requiring food. My sister, her husband, Tom and I have begun having a picnic each Friday night at the local summer music festival. Delightful sitting on blanketed grass and enjoying the slightly cooler evening with good food and excellent music.

:( I baked oatmeal raisin cookies this week for my piano students theory classes. They loved them and so did I, so the leftovers went to the monthly quilt guild meeting Friday morning.

:) I've substituted buying store brand ice cream by the half gallon for making my own in my Vita Mix machine: 1 cup milk, 1 pound frozen fruit, 1/4 cup Splenda sweetener, 1-2 tsp vanilla. Takes 3 minutes. Delicious. Makes two generous servings. I get bonus points from Tom, and I don't eat as much, because I don't make it that often. With ice cream in the freezer its too easy to frequently serve up a cone with a double-dip.